Mid-winter calls for events with lots of color, warmth and maybe a bit of glitz. Here are party planners’ most popular theme choices for brightening up a February that may otherwise seem longer than it actually is.
1. Mardi Gras. Any day in February is fair game for a Mardi Gras event! It is a season and state of mind as well as a special Tuesday. Check out the delicious new colors and mood of Brazilian Mardi Gras event supplies as exemplified by the Rio Carnival line, which includes the arch shown above.
2. Valentine’s Day. An annual event in many communities, a Valentine’s Day dance tradition can be freshened up by incorporating elements of a garden theme such as Red Roses, or by planting tongue firmly in cheek with a gangster theme event.
3. Hollywood. Chase the chill with lots of palm trees and warm spotlights – and if you are holding your dance party anywhere near the 24th, rest assured that Hollywood props and décor include many that are suitable for Oscars™-related themes.
4. The 80s. Party planners like decade and retro themes for milestone birthdays and more casual school dances, and the 1980s are particularly hot right now for these types of events. You should, like, totally make an 80s theme event a costume party, too.
5. Casino. A Casino event theme is a perennial favorite for a winter fundraiser whether your aim is to re-create Vegas, Monte Carlo or one of the rising stars in exotic locales for gambling, such as Nassau, Bahamas.
6. Candy. A candy event theme can be tied to a Valentine’s dance, or it can stand alone. Either way you’ll be offering the sweetest favors ever! Consider combining candy and winter theme elements for a winter formal; the Candy Land Ice Castle standee shows how.
7. Castle. Speaking of castles, this fairy-tale favorite is a hit whether you put it on ice or not. Castle event theme supplies also include decorations that are exclusive to Stumps, and new products you’ll love to discover.
8. Stars. A Stars event theme makes the grade pretty much all year round, but can be particularly popular in winter. Dressed up, they make terrific themes for after-parties for organizations that have performance seasons in winter, such as opera companies and symphonies – and yes, some of the best star-gazing (and star parties!) happen this time of year in the Northern Hemisphere.
9. City. Whether the tone is Deco or sleek sophistication, there is no theme that can surpass the drama of a cityscape for a winter black-tie event.
10. Under the Sea. Yes, underwater theme events are popular for February. For a few hours at least, we can exchange less-than-ideal conditions for a serene color palette and other-worldly feel. Place the Depths of Forever theme kit in a browser window, zoom in and see what we mean!